Monday, May 18, 2009

One Lovely Blog Award


Thank you, Mrs. V, for giving me this wonderful blog award! Now that I've been awarded it, I get to spread the happiness by highlighting 15 blogs that I've discovered in the last (except I'm only doing 10 due to extreme busyness). So here goes:

I've been savoring these author/illustrator blogs -
Kathryn Fitzmaurice, author of The Year the Swallows Came Early, writes the wonderfully named and always enjoyable A Twisted Clump of Seaweed (and Other Treasures Found at Low Tide)
I've been a rabid fan of Adam Rex ever since I read The True Meaning of Smekday, but I've only just started reading his blog. Check out his must-have Boov merchandise!
I read E. Lockhart's books like they were ice-cream sundaes, so I don't know why it took me so long to discover E. Lockhart's Blog.
Librarian blogs -
In the Library with the Leadpipe keeps me up-to-date with cutting-edge info on technology and other library issues.
Just learned about Stacked last week (good name, eh?). Three librarians discuss library programs; all kinds of books for all ages; and much more - and one of 'em is an LAPL-er!
My colleagues are quietly blogging away during breaks and after work. They keep a low profile, but luckily I discovered Madigan Reads, which has children's book reviews, program ideas, and reports on children's lit-related events.
Book and Literacy-related blogs-
Because reluctant readers are often tweens, I was particularly happy to find Welcome to My Tweendom, which focuses on - yes - books for tweens.
Trevor Cairney's Literacy, Families and Learning blog is a source of constant inspiration to me - wish I'd learned about it ages ago.
Booklights is new to everyone - so all the more reason to highlight PBS's new book/literacy blog, with contributors from our own Kidlitosphere.
Candace Ryan's blog Book, Booker, Bookest actually fits in all the above categories - she has a children's book coming out in 2010, she is a rabid library fan, and she loves sharing what she and her young son have read lately.
If any of the above are new to you, please go check them out - you won't be disappointed!

5 comments:

  1. Eva! I am overwhelmed by your kindness in chosing my blog! Thank you for this lovely acknowledgment. You have made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Echoing Kathryn's comment - thanks for the great comments about Stacked! This totally made my day, and it certainly made the days of my colleagues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Like Kelly said, this made my day! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eve, thanks for your kind comments. It's always lovely to hear that people read your blog posts and like what they read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Eva! I'm overwhelmed and amazed to have such a super cool blogger acknowledge Book, Booker, Bookest.

    Plus, it brought a little sunshine into an otherwise cloudy day for me. Thanks much!!

    ReplyDelete