Sunday, March 21, 2010

Running - my other addiction

Today was the 25th annual LA Marathon - and my second. The route was from Dodger Stadium to the sea, and we passed by a whole slew of famous landmarks on the way. Yep, I do love LA!

Due to the awful logistics at Dodger Stadium, which meant that I didn't even get to the start line until at least 10 or 15 minutes after the dang race started and then had to jog at an excruciatingly slow pace for the first mile or two, and also to a less-than-ideal training regimen, I ran about 4 hours and 38 minutes, 6 minutes slower than my pace last year. Phooey. Still, it was hugely fun (if also hugely painful). LA Marathon 2011, here I come!

3 comments:

  1. yay! What a great route. Loved the drummers and the little cheer leaders. Where did you get these mutant athletic genes anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Eva, I am, as always, in complete awe.

    Bravo! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be looking for you in 2011, Madigan!

    ReplyDelete