Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Thoughts about Blogging

Over at My Friend Amy, Amy suggests that we post about blogging itself, and specifically -

"What is one thing you wish you knew about blogging when you started or what advice would you give a newbie blogger?
What is your best blogging tip?"

I still AM a newbie blogger and so am still learning! But here is what I've learned so far:

Unless your job has directly sanctioned your blog, only blog on your own time (it's my break right now!), even if your blog and your job are related.

Don't fret - it's about fun (or because you're so obsessed by books that you need an outlet for your frenzy), not about how many posts you write or how many folks read your blog.

Find a focus, but don't feel you have to stick to it absolutely all the time. This may be a book blog, but I'm going to post a photo of deep-fried cheese curds if I feel the urge!

Best blogging tip? Read lots of other blogs! I'm so fond and admiring of so many folks out there - they are a constant inspiration. See my blogroll at the left for a list of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment