Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring into that brave new world

The Children's Literature Council of Southern CA is having its spring workshop on Saturday, May 1 from 9 am to 1 pm. Topic - "Old Passions - New Technologies: Children's and Young Adult Literature in a 2.0 World." I'll be a panelist, speaking about some of the unexpected joys of both blogging and blog-reading, as well as some ways 2.0 technology might be used to bring young people and reading together.

If you're reading this post, then you are already familiar with blogs to at least some degree, and I bet that if you aren't a member of Goodreads, you have at least heard of it. But there is always more to learn, and I'm really looking forward to my fellow panelists. I follow Greg Pincus' blog The Happy Accident, which has given me wonderful tips on using social networking, and I'm a dedicated member of Goodreads, so it will be exciting to hear from Elizabeth Khuri Chandler, co-founder of Goodreads. I'm also a member of JacketFlap, but in a very hands-off and desultory way, so I can't wait to find out how to maximize my membership from CEO Tracy Grand.

To register, please go to the Children's Literature Council website - and while you're there, roam around a bit and consider becoming a member. The annual awards gala, usually held in the fall, is always an event to remember.

It should be an instructive and energizing morning for all - I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment