Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Speak, Jules!


If you live in Southern California, get yourself over to UCLA this Sunday afternoon, April 11, at 4 pm for the 2010 Frances Clark Sayers lecture. The speaker will be...


Yes, he of Bark, George fame. How many hundreds of times have I read this book aloud to kids? Mr. Feiffer has written and/or illustrated plenty of other children's books as well, from picture books to novels.

Non-children's literature fanatics know him as a cartoonist, and he has also written plays. Oh, and his new autobiography, Backing into Forward, has been getting plenty of attention.

For just $20, you can hear Mr. Feiffer speak, have a chance to buy his books and get them autographed, and enjoy a champagne reception. What a bargain! To register, call 310-206-0375 or email alumni@gseis.ucla.edu.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry to be missing it.
    Jules Feiffer is a wonderful speaker. I helped host a signing with him back in my bookstore days. He told a few really funny stories about working with Norton Juster. He made several drawings -- I still have one. I framed it, and I display it above my desk.

    ReplyDelete