Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Catching up with BoB

How busy have I been lately? Too busy to check SLJ's Battle of the Books yesterday - and that's saying something.

You've got to hand it to straight-talking Nancy Farmer. Unlike most of the other judges, she doesn't engage in any of this namby-pamby, "I loved both books so much I wanted to flip a coin," touch-feely stuff. Nope, she didn't care for Fire, pure and simple, making her choice of The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate quite obvious.

Don't miss the outraged commentary at the end of her post.

Me, I loved both titles. A LOT. Perhaps, being a Fan Girl, I'd have to give Fire the edge, but Calpurnia was pretty darn fabulous for a non-fantasy.

As for Round 1 Match 3: The Frog Scientist vs. The Last Olympian? Let's just say judge Candace Fleming must be a Fan Girl, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment