Friday, February 19, 2010

If I didn't have to work today...

If my desk didn't look like a tornado had hit it and if my to-do list would ever shrink instead of lengthen, I'd leave work after lunch today to hear Susan Patron and Roger Sutton talk about "What Makes a Good Banned Book" at Pitzer College.

Things are terrifying but thrilling around here. Our library system is losing lots of staff - and positions - to early retirement and the budget crisis, which is both unsettling and an opportunity for making much-needed changes and trying new things. I haven't had a dull moment in weeks and I'm loving it. Thank goodness for coffee (and especially my Friday treat - a grande skinny caramel latte with soy milk).

Amidst all the excitement, I almost forgot that I'm running for the 2012 Newbery Committee. Polls open March 16 and close April 23rd. Here's the full slate of ALSC candidates. This is my third - and hopefully charmed - attempt at running for the Newbery Committee - if you're an ALSC member, please help make my dream come true!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Eva. Roger was witty and insightful and we all had fun.

    ReplyDelete