Monday, June 20, 2011

What I did on my summer vacation

It's a bit sad to have completed my summer vacation before summer has even begun.  No matter!

I did all the important Twin Cities activities:

One of a jillion canoe photos - that's Natasha in the middle
Gabe at bat
My sis and I - VFW songbirds
Giant Walking Tubes (soon to be Giant Rolling Tubes)

  • Read a lot, and even wrote and blogged some reviews
  • Utterly forgot to send in a promised ALSC Blog post (sorry, guys!)
  • Biked around various lakes
  • Canoed on various lakes
  • Sunbathed beside various lakes
  • Jogged around various lakes
  • Went to a Little League game (featuring my 10-year-old nephew Gabe, who let me know that he had Googled "Eva's Book Addiction" and "nephew" and got ZERO hits!  This one's for you, Gabe.  He's currently reading E.L. Konigsberg's From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, by the way.  I gave him Nerd Camp by Elissa Brent Weissman, purely because the main character is a 10-year-old named Gabe)
  • Went to the Mall of America (accompanied by my 12-year-old niece Natasha, who is racing through the 6th Harry Potter book.  I thought she was carrying around #7 and almost gave away a crucial plot point.  "Nooooooo, don't tell me!" she wailed, just in the nick of time.  I gave her The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens.)
  • Rolled down a hill in a bright orange tube at the Walker Art Center.
  • Got rained on
  • Got a bit toasted at the local VFW and, accompanied by my sister, wailed a passionate rendition of Tammy Wynette's D-I-V-O-R-C-E during karaoke.
  • Ate ice-cream almost every day.
  • Ogled the mighty Mississippi.  Just think, I'll be at the other end of the Mississippi in 4 days.  Weird.

1 comment:

  1. •Ogled the mighty Mississippi. Just think, I'll be at the other end of the Mississippi in 4 days. Weird.

    Didja consider FLOATING down the Mississippi to get to the other end? ;-)

    ReplyDelete