Thursday, May 5, 2011

It's all good

Yikes, with so much going on, my head is in a whirl.  Summer Reading Club for preschoolers, children, and teens!  Recognition events for our GAB reading volunteers!  Children's Book Week!  Training/information meeting for our children's and teen librarians!  Homework centers!  Early literacy workshops!  The Learning Lab grant application!  Monthly report revisions!

It's like juggling chainsaws - I can keep those suckers in the air for a long, long time, but some day I'm bound to drop on, and the results may be messy.

To help me deal with setbacks large and small, I've chosen Pete the Cat as my personal guru.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, I know what you mean. It's all so much to juggle!

    I'm still reeling from the news that my summer reading budget this year is zero dollars and zero cents.

    I've bent over backwards, finding performers who'd agree to come in for free, and planning craft programs using up leftover supplies, but I'm still worried that parents will complain, "Our last librarian was better! The person before you did so much more!" and I'm so afraid I'll snap, "Yeah! The last librarian had a budget!"

    Did Pete cry? Goodness no!
    He kept walking along, and singing his song.
    It's all good.

    What a great mantra to have.

    You've seen the other version of Pete the Cat, haven't you??? With Eric Litwin singing and playing guitar for a crowd of kids? That one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Pete stepped in a puddle of mud... Did Pete Cry? Goodness no!

    -Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super-cool version of "when life gives you lemons..."

    ReplyDelete