Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lucky Breaks trailer

I'm fascinated by this new phenomenon of book trailers - not only is it a great way to get the attention of web-cruising kids, but it's also a great way to spark some creativity. When I watch book trailers, I keep thinking, "What kind of trailer would I make of my favorite book? And what would kids come up with?" If I get the time and opportunity, I'll find out.

But in the meantime, I enjoy trailers like this new one for Susan Patron's Lucky Breaks, produced by Tina Nichols Coury in collaboration with Susan Patron.



I love that the trailer is from Brigitte's point of view - it offers a whole different slant on the book. Now I want a trailer from Miles' point of view!

4 comments:

  1. C'est tres charmant, n'est-ce pas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking, next time, to do it from the POV of HMS Beagle. Maybe I better finish writing that final "Lucky/Hard Pan" book and THEN decide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah! And you could attach a camera to the head of a real dog and let it roam around Hard Pan for a dogs-eye view...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always refining and redefining the form, Eva! Just hope the real dog doesn't spot a real rattlesnake...

    ReplyDelete