Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Cool digital idea to promote books and libraries - Glogster

Thank you to The Book Chook for this post about Glogster, a site that lets you design your own multi-media "posters."

This would be a great tool for libraries to use, both to create their own neat posters and - more importantly - to enable kids to advertise their own favorite books, book characters, fictional worlds, and so on.

I'm not very visually creative, but here's my first attempt. Be patient, it takes a minute to load.

5 comments:

  1. Very cool. How long did it take you to create this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. About 30 minutes max! Super easy. It would be fun to do one about something personal ("My Family" or "My Neighborhood") because you'd already have your own store of photos/videos to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very impressed with how easy it was for me to learn. Loved your glog!

    PS How did you get the finished product small enough to fit your screen? Did you embed the code? Change it a little first?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took the code that Glogster provided and pasted it into the html editor on my blog. (good thing that worked 'cause it feels like magic to me...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I agree, it must be magic or how else does it work! Plus, I have definite gremlins living inside my computer.

    Thanks, Eva, I THINK that's what I did. I'll go try again with it.

    ReplyDelete