Wednesday, October 15, 2008

National Book Award finalists - great stuff!

I haven't posted in more than a week - the shame, the shame! Finally, though, there is something exciting to blog about.

The National Book Foundation has announced its finalists today. The "Young People's Literature" finalists are:

Laurie Halse Anderson, Chains (Simon & Schuster) - read my review
Kathi Appelt, The Underneath (Atheneum) - read my review
Judy Blundell, What I Saw and How I Lied (Scholastic)
E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks (Hyperion) - read my review
Tim Tharp, The Spectacular Now (Alfred A. Knopf)

I relished the three I've read, and I'll get to the others as soon as possible. Winners will be announced November 19th.

(Humiliatingly, I haven't read a single one of the adult fiction finalists - and I do devour adult fiction!! Must be because I'm such a Genre Girl - they don't seem to choose many mysteries, SF, or fantasy novels.)

No comments:

Post a Comment