Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Halloween cosplay

Halloween is only a week and a half away, looming in all its orangey-black glory.

Back when I was working with actual real children in the library every day, I wouldn't dream of showing up on Halloween without a costume.  Perish the thought!

But now I'm in an office all day and haven't put on a Halloween program in... oh, it must be at least 5 years.

On the other hand, my office is in Central Library, so I could wear a costume and stroll nonchalantly around the children's and teen departments.  In fact, there's no excuse not to!

First choice costume - the gown worn by the Statue of Civilization, which I pass every day at work. 
The two sphinxes that guard the top of the stairway are nifty, too, but that might be tough to pull off.  Maybe I should just replicate the gorgeous 20's gown pictured below.

 But my fave idea is still to rig up a Robe of Skulls, or in my case an old Fairy Costume of Skulls.  Dozens of 1" plastic skulls are on their way to me from the Skeleton Store.
I'll just sew them on the hem of my fairy costume to create an off-kilter (as in pastel) version of My Hero:

4 comments:

  1. Is she not elegant and fabulous? How I love her sense of style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would enjoy seeing you pull off Lady Lamorna.
    She is both elegant and fabulous. Tim Gunn would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you chose her for her hair too, didn't you? : )

    ReplyDelete