Monday, July 11, 2011

Captains Jack and Jacky

It was while listening to an audiobook of LA Meyer's Rapture of the Deep that my 16-year-old came up with this inspired crossover One True Pairing:

Captain Jacky Faber and Captain Jack Sparrow!

Both of them salty sea dogs of the first order, both piratical, both of them no strangers to rule-flaunting, law-breaking, and extremely unconventional behavior - and of course they share a name, which just adds to the perfection.

Wouldn't YOU like to see Jacky throw over that straight-laced James Emerson Fletcher, at least for a little while?


Oh, I don't know that Jacky and Jack would actually hook up. But I can see a sparks-flying love-hate relationship, that's for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Very funny! I had never thought of that. My 16-year old and I are both huge Jacky Faber fans. And the audiobooks are among the best out there, I think. Katherine Kellgreen is amazing!

    ReplyDelete