Friday, September 4, 2009

In defense of graphic novels

Here are two folks who have recently weighed in on the validity of graphic novels and comics - Alex Simmons from the Graphic Novel Reporter on "Are Comics Like Real Books?" and Julia Keller in today's Los Angeles Times on "Graphic Novels: Reading, but in a Different Way."

Information, entertainment, and great stories come in all different formats. Whether I absorb a story by listening to it or by reading pages of text or by interpreting a combination of words and pictures - to me, it's all good.

1 comment:

  1. This graphic novel proved to me that they can have worth: Clan Apis. Funny, educational, and bigger and deeper than you can get with just words. My young son and I love to read it together.

    And the other that I love is Rapunzel's Revenge. My son and I both love it too. I'm hoping I can read it with my daughter when she's older.

    ReplyDelete