Saturday, June 6, 2009

Ouch - only 5 hours of reading so far


It's a good thing I have plenty of time to read tonight and tomorrow, because I'm far away from the 12 hour goal!

Here's the tally so far:

Friday, June 5 - 9:30 - 10:30 pm - 1 hour (finished The House on Fortune Street by Livesay)

Saturday, June 5 - noon - 2 pm - 1 hour (finally sat down to read, but was interrupted every few minutes by my chatty teenage daughters and my own sugar jones - at which point I gave up entirely and made cupcakes (golden with chocolate frosting - vegan! Book - The Magic Thief: Lost by Sarah Prineas. Food - leftover ravioli for lunch)

Saturday, June 5 - 2 pm - 5 pm - 3 hours (that's what I'm talking about! 3 hours of uninterrupted reading bliss, accompanied by Beaker the Parrot, my current favorite reading companion. Because I don't want her to be lonely during her stay with us, I've hauled her cage inside and outside, from one favorite reading spot to another. She is always ready to engage in intense eye contact and perplexing body language, but doesn't seem to mind when I dive back into my book again. Still working on The Magic Thief: Lost, but almost done. Food - one cupcake, a cup of coffee, and a cup of tea.)

Total reading time so far - 5 hours

Time spent blogging so far - 45 minutes.

6 comments:

  1. Cool to know you have a blog, too. Check out mine when you get a chance: http://artfanako.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 hours is nothing to scoff at. :-) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weird how teenagers get "chatty" just when I want some quiet time. Still, have to take advantage when the opportunity occurs. I like the idea of cupcakes VERY much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you were able to continue to grab a little time here and there to read...I had a blast and now look forward to next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the support - I need it now that I've browsed through the blogs of other fellow 48-hour participants. 25 hours here, 30 hours there - oy! Still, I'm having fun, and that's what counts, eh?

    ReplyDelete