Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ultra-crowded L.A. Festival of Books

No, I didn't go - and no, I don't regret it, because luckily my colleague Madigan went and so I'll just link to her post.




Oh, and Kathryn Fitzmaurice (author of The Year the Swallows Came Early) went with her son, who got high-five Ray Bradbury.

Let's not forget Lisa Yee (author of Absolutely Maybe and so many more) who blogs about her day here.


I'm sure there are more of you - if so, please link to your posts in the comment section.



What did I do instead of attending this spectacular event for book-lovers? Saturday - ran 20 miles, then nursed my allergies and sore legs the rest of the day. Sunday - drove to Monterey Park with my older daughter to shop for authentic Chinese/Asian groceries (bought some "glutinous black rice" with which I made a yummy - if scary-looking - rice pudding with coconut milk and lime shavings) and to eat vegan Chinese food.

No comments:

Post a Comment