Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Newbery Buzz, getting louder and louder

Until I have time to create my own fabulous posts and/or finish some of the bazillion books I'm reading, I'll have to simply link to my fellow bloggers.

Although you've probably already seen this, I just have to point out Betsy Bird's Fuse #8 predict-o-rama post. I love her "won't win" predictions - very interesting slant on the usual predictable predicting lists.

This Heavy Medal post by Nina Lindsay gives succinct summaries of the discussions of their Mock Newbery short list. I yearn to be on the Newbery Committee some day - but this is tiding me over in the meantime.

By the way, the winners they chose have awakened my old Newbery fear - that I won't have read them! This does happen more often than I'd like, and I haven't yet read The Porcupine Year or After Tupac and D Foster (although they're on my shelf at home, along with Nation and a few others). Let's hope that by the time the Newberys are announced, I'll have read EVERYTHING and won't have quickly put my name in the hold queue for the winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment